CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.14.2009

Sundae Gifts

I made 12 of these for Paige's teachers for Christmas. They were extremely cheap, easy and fun to make!
I found the candy cane sticks that had about 10 a bag for less than $2, (half of the sticks were broken, but I didn't mind buying a few bags for that price, plus they are those soft ones that when you bite into them they crumble) & sundae cups at Walmart for $1.50 each. I found the red, green and white candy covered malt balls at Henry's Marketplace (local organic food store) and the Hershey's kisses were cocoa flavored.

I had a little trouble with getting them into a goodie bag, so I slid the goodie bag over the top and tightened it around the bottom at the base with ribbon and a tag...

This idea can be used for Valentines Day or even Easter, just make sure the pattern on your bag can be upside down. If you're stuck with a one way pattern on your bags, cut the bottom of the bag and slide it over the cup. Gather & tie the bag at the bottom with ribbon and at the top with a big bow or a pom-pom.

TTFN,
Cindy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

very cute..btw i saw these sundae cups at dollar tree too..

Michelle Murphy said...

oops i forgot that i was signed in under M3..it's me michelle

bren said...

Darling idea! What candies would you suggest for the Valentines version? I'd love to try one!