CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.13.2009

Busy...

I got my sewing machine out a couple of days ago to attempt to make some aprons. I've gotten a few done and needed a model so I asked my neighbor who is beautiful and tiny, she graciously agreed. While I was there I couldn't stop taking pictures of her Yorkie Stella.

Stella is a cone head dog right now, poor Stella. She just had bone surgery on her left rear leg. She is about 6 months old and the top of her femur was deteriorating due to a lack of blood flow to the bone. This happens in Yorkies (she was unaware of it) and hasn't been determined if its caused by trauma or is hereditary. Now that the surgery is done, she shouldn't have any more problems. Yeah for Stella...

Okay, back to the aprons, here is the first one I made. I found this material and couldn't help myself. OMGosh it was so cute. I combined a couple different patterns and this is how it turned out. .... yummy cupcake!

This one turned out completely different than what I pictured, but I'm still happy with it. This one makes me think of Neapolitan ice cream.


When I came across this material It brought back so many memories of reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar to my son. So I had to buy it! I didn't have a pattern so this is what I came up with to use the cute print to its fullest.

I'm in the midst of making more, and will post them when they are done. These guys will be up for sale at my LSS called Paper Tales.
Have a great day,
Cindy


4 comments:

Michelle Murphy said...

that's not fair to those of use who live so far away they are great and i do love a great apron..i really use them..they are great love the colors and patterns

Brandon April Owens said...

How much will the aprons be?

Katie Watson said...

Oh dear.....I need some of these!! They are so darn pretty!! You are a very talented seamstress. I wore one of your aprons at Paper Tales when I taught my class and I loved it!!

Sandra Shipman said...

Cindy,
Luv the aprons! They have such personality! The Sundaes are great-sorry Dad & I forgot ours!
Mom Shipman